Tuesday 25 March 2014

Character Clothes - Ghostbusters Jumpsuit

I began work on the clothes that will be used for both the characters in the animation. The planned design was to be the jumpsuit that they use in the film, complete with logo on the arm of the suit, since it is instantly recognizable and well known. I attempted to use skin wrap in order to attach it to the premade rig that I downloaded from the site. This will make it move and deform with any movements the characters do in the scene.

However, I encountered many bugs while doing this that have hindered my progress. While applying skin wrap and attaching the model to it, the clothes seem to deform to a good standard when moving the rig, with some minor geometry glitches in some places. While this could be fixed potentially quickly, another bug was found, where rending the model with it  moved would cause the clothes to snap back to its original place, and then undoing the action would cause the geometry to deform violently. 

This was a major glitch that could take a long time to find what the problem is and find a solution, and, given the time I have remaining for the project is just over a week, I decided it would be best to leave the clothes out and focus more on the animating, since that is the main focus of the project.



No comments:

Post a Comment